Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sock it to me!

Finn has been obsessed with his socks lately! He goes and picks some out then brings them to you to put on him, and most of the time they don't even match. He also likes to layer. Here he is with mismatched socks, being very grumpy:

This grumpiness has been a theme in our house lately. He has been teething very badly and I am so hoping that this is the last round! We went to the zoo this morning and I forgot to give him some teething medicine first, so he chewed on his hand nearly the entire time. We LOVE the playground at the zoo! Sometimes we go to the zoo just to play at the playground. It looks like a bunch of forts and has so many places to climb around or crawl through. Today Finn tackled the rope bridge and zoomed right up it!


We, of course, went with Nicolette and Sawyer. She is going on vacation soon and I don't know what we are going to do for a couple of weeks! Sawyer is awesome with the animals. He knows what nearly all of them are and he'll make their noises. Finn isn't so much interested in them. He just wants to get out of his stroller and run around. That quality is just so typical Finn. I love that he is independent, but it has become very troublesome lately. I am getting larger by the week, and it is getting so much harder to run after him! I feel like I have to tackle him for nearly everything we do and it wears me down a lot. Here he is with Sawyer (he hardly ever sits still long enough for me to get his picture):

On the same note, this pregnancy has been a lot harder on me. Like I said, it is exhausting to run after a toddler all day! And I think I have been more hormonal this time too. Little things have really been stressing me out--like when Finn won't eat his vegetables (I did get him to eat cauliflower last night though! It totally made my day!) I got to get out of the house Monday night for my mom's group book club discussion. It was just the therapy I needed. We all sat around and ate and talked about what we love/hate about being a stay at home mom. I ended up thinking that I am really lucky to be in the position I am in. I get to be home with Finn, I get to get out of the house a couple days a week and make some money, and I get to hang out with some great ladies and their kids. Sometimes I think I overcomplicate things, so I just have to remember KISS (keep it simple stupid!).

Scott has the day off tomorrow and I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Pretty soon I have to start going every other week! I'm so glad that this is getting close. I am really ready to have a little baby again. I always thought I was more of a toddler person, and I love my toddler of course, but I am definitely a baby person too. It's going to be so much fun this time too! With Finn, I did the whole new-mom stress-out thing. I was always worried that he wasn't stimulated enough or wasn't being held enough or whatnot. Now I know more of what's important and what's not. And I've learned so many tricks! Anyway, I think we should do something fun tomorrow with Scott. Maybe the spraygrounds!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute about the socks. He is so adorable. We would love to go to the zoo again. Let me know when you go next time. Maybe we can get there really early before it's too hot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...