Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Week in Pictures and Video



We've had a somewhat busy week. Sunday was Father's Day, but Scott scheduled himself to work, so we only had the morning with him. We all went out for breakfast. After naptime, we met my family for lunch and then went over to my parents' house for some yummy apple dump cake. We tried taking Finn to the park nearby but it was SO HOT! Lately, we have at least had a breeze to cool us down, but there was nothing that day.



Monday, we had a playdate at a friend's house. It was with my mom's group, so there were a TON of kids there. Finn was very irritable the whole time. He's still having teething issues. He is constantly chewing on his fingers (of feet--which is cute, but not when we've just finished playing at McDonalds). Another girl let me hold her baby daughter at the playdate and Finn was NOT happy about it. Becca tried to get him to say hi to the baby while I was holding her, but he just kept telling her "bye-bye." I'm afraid he's gonna put a hit out on her next. He is definitely going to have to transition when we have Baby Girl.


Monday afternoon we were supposed to go to the spraygrounds, but the weather was acting real funny. For the last couple of days it hasn't decided whether it's going to be sunny or rainy, so it switches back and forth about every 2 hours. Today was much nicer though, so we went this morning. I met Becca and Nicolette up there with their kids and got lots of great shots:


Finn and Tyler:Finn, wearing Hailey's shoes:

Finn and Sawyer, stuck in the mud:At the playground nearby:Afterward, we went to the McDonalds nearby where Finn tried to befriend anyone with food, while avoiding eating his own (I eventually got it down him). That kid is such a handfull! As soon as I am engaged in something, he totally wanders away from me. He tried to walk right out the front door while I was ordering, then he wandered off to some far away booth. It really is just endless. He has no concept of the need to stay close to me. Keep your fingers crossed that Baby Girl will be more clingy and give me somewhat of a break!

Anyway, I made another cloth diaper this week and thought I'd show it off. The one on the left is one I made for Finn and on the right is one I made for Baby Girl. Bending over the sewing machine really killed my back, so I'm not exactly eager to make another.

The rest of our week is pretty busy too. Scott has the day off tomorrow and we have another birthday party to go to. Friday I work. On Saturday, Finn and I are going to Dallas with my mom to visit my Aunt Debi. I'm really excited to go see her (and visit IKEA), but I'm also quite scared because we haven't traveled too much with Finn before. The last time, I forgot to take his white noise machine, so he kept waking up at night. He wasn't fussy, but it was just hard for him to sleep. We tried to bring him into bed with us, but he had no idea that it was with the intention to sleep. He thought we wanted to play or something because he has only ever slept in his crib. But, it's only one night, so I'm sure everything will work out.

Lastly, here is a cute video of Finn:

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics and the video is really funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those spray grounds look so awesome! Wish we had something like that around here. Ethan would love it. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well with this preg. It is all coming up quickly so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures of the kids and I love the video.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...