Monday, June 23, 2008

A lot going on this week!

We have done so much this week! No wonder I'm exhausted! On Wednesday, we got a 4D ultrasound done on Baby Girl. We did this for Finn and it was so reassuring to see that he had all his little parts and was growing well, that we decided to do it again for this baby. She is growing perfectly! They measured all of her and she is just perfect! Unfortunately, she was breech and facing my back at the time, so it was really difficult to get a good shot of her face. We did get a couple of decent pictures though:

On Thursday, we went to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I love going there because Finn can basically just run around while I watch him. He had such a good time too! Scott played a bunch of games with him, he ate the pizza and cake and he loved Chuckie. I think it was THE time of his short little life! We've always planned on having his 3rd birthday there, but I started debating whether or not to have his 2nd there because he just had so much fun. I think we're going to still plan on having it at home for now, but we'll definitely have to start taking more trips there.





On Saturday, my mom, my sister, Finn and I drove down to Grapevine to visit my Aunt Debi. On the way, we stopped at the IKEA in Frisco. I was SO excited to go there! Their stuff is so cool and so incredible cheap! I had never been to one before and the store was humongous! It was about the size of a mall. I wish I had taken a picture. Inside, you go through their showrooms first. They have all their furniture set up as little rooms with tags on them that tell you where you can buy it. We browsed for a little while and then skipped ahead to the children's area. The kid's stuff was so cool! I bought some things for Finn and Baby Girl's room. After you load up on the showroom stuff, you go through this warehouse where you can pick out boxes of furniture that you've seen. I would love to redecorate someday and just go there and load up. I would definitely need some sort of trailer or UHAUL though.


We spent the rest of Saturday at my Aunt's house. Her neighborhood is beautiful and had a great park nearby. Finn kept me really busy though. He was REALLY well-behaved, but still very active. I had help, but I still barely had a chance to sit down. I was very relieved to put him to sleep that night (and to put myself to sleep too). On Sunday, we woke up and went swimming in my Aunt Debi's pool. This was the only time I took pictures this weekend! I meant to take more, but I barely had time to go to the bathroom, let alone grab a camera. I really did want to take some pics of my Aunt Debi, Uncle Charlie and cousin Marni though since I rarely get to see them. Anyway, after swimming we went shopping at Grapevine Mills where I got to see the Sanrio (Hello Kitty) store! While I DO love Hello Kitty, shopping really wore us out. We went to eat and then left for home. All in all, it was a successful trip because I got to visit with my family and Finn was really good, but I don't think I'll be making any more trips in the near future. I am too pregnant and too hormonal to attempt it again.

At first Finn didn't really like the pool:But then he warmed up to it:

This week is also pretty full and I'm still exhausted, so I may let a few things slide--I already skipped one playdate this morning. I'm going to the library later to pick up some potty training books. I think I'm going to start working on that with Finn. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Man you guys sound busy! I love Ikea too, they have some of the greatest things there. And once again, baby girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...