Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yummy and Low-Fat!

I bought a smaller crock-pot last week, thinking I would use it more since it's, well, smaller. This is the first recipe I tried out:

2 lb. Turkey Kielbasa
1 c. applesauce (I was out, so I just pureed a couple of apples)
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Mix applesauce, brown sugar and garlic in crockpot. Slice kielbasa and add to pot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
We served it over brown rice and it was pretty yummy! I know Scott had his doubts when he heard it had apples AND garlic, but he liked it. Finn wouldn't eat it, but he doesn't eat anything unless it starts with "chicken" and ends with "nuggets."

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit the idea of apples, brown sugar and garlic is not what I would consider a good one. But crazier things have surprised me. Was it really sweet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...