Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's New

I haven't posted much this week due to a lack of things to talk about! It's been pretty quiet around here actually. But here's what's new:
--Scott and I are thrilled Obama won! I think he's a great leader and I'm so excited for the next 4 years!
--We had a pretty good Halloween. We've been infested with wasps so we didn't hand out Halloween candy (I didn't want to open and close the door and have them flying in and out). We didn't go trick-or-treating either. I think we will next year. We DID go to the Storybook Forest here in town. It was awesome! Finn got to trick-or-treat from storybook characters and then play some games for prizes. They also had a hayride and campfires that you could roast hot dogs and marshmellows at. It is definitly going to be a new fall tradition! (I, of course, forgot to bring my camera!)
--Kinley has been a doll lately. She's been smiling a lot and cooing so much! She just loves to "talk" to us! She's also been gracious enough to let me dress her in numerous bows and outfits!
--Kinley was 11 lbs. 8 oz. at her 2 month check up yesterday. The doctor was very impressed with her head control and said she might start rolling over soon.
--The poor girl had to have 3 shots yesterday! She was very upset about it and I think her poor leg hurt for the rest of the night.
--Finn has been playing out back with his doggie a lot lately. Usually after about a half hour he takes off his pants and shoes (and occasionally his diaper!). I'm not really sure why he does this, but at least he likes to keep things interesting!
--I think I'm going to start preliminary potty training this week. The first stage is to have your toddler "teach" a doll to use the potty. And I have a DVD we're going to watch about it.
--Next week we are going to see Celine Dion! I am so excited! Also, we are going to visit family next weekend! A lot of them I haven't seen in over a year. It will be fun!

2 comments:

  1. WOW you guys have been busy and it sounds like you are going to stay that way :) So glad Kinley is growing so well, and I will be excited to see how the whole potty training goes. I will probably be taking notes for the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys are doing well! Hope that potty training is successful, and that you guys have a great family visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...