I've been sewing Kiki some skirts, but she doesn't really have shirts to match, so I made this top: It goes with her cherry skirt from a couple of posts ago. My friend Wendy showed me a cool trick. I had been googling "Letter Appliques" with no luck, so she told me to just go into Microsoft Word, turn the font size up to about 400, choose your font, put it in outline mode (so you don't waste ink), and print on a peice of paper for an applique template. Great idea!
We also went to JoAnn's yesterday and I let Finn pick out his "Mario Galaxy" fabric. I've decided to use it for his sleeping bag. I sewed a couple of strips on the top and bottom to make it longer: