Sunday, April 11, 2010

Repurposing

I absolutely hate it when I know that my trash can be reused, I just don't know HOW. I've been collecting old coffee cans and baby food containers for months know, but I usually end up throwing them out when I realize I have no good ideas. Enter my friend Wendy, who introduced me to Modge Podge. Now I can make my little food containers into something cute like this:
Also, I've seen numerous tutorials on the web about turning men's button-up shirts into toddler skirts. I thought it was a little masculine, but I was bored so I tried it anyway (kinda reminds me of boxer shorts). Here they are next to some clearance fabric I bought this week (look for it to be turned into a skirt soon!):
Last is my piece de resistance. Not really, but I am pretty proud of myself. I turned one of my old button-up shirts into a little dress for Kiki. The best part is that I just did it! No pattern, no tutorial (although I have seen some for doing this). I trusted my machine and my ruler, and it didn't turn out half bad. AND, there are probably a million button-up shirts at Goodwill for next to nothing that I can make into little dresses like this!










Note that probably 75% of the sewing and finishing is already done for you if you cut up the shirt carefully.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! We need to have a sewing day soon. I am going to make Starla & myself some summer dresses! You rock sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I especially like the striped dress. Thanks for linking this up!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...