Sunday, April 19, 2009

RePurpose

Now that our move is over, I've been trying to get back to a more "green" attitude (that was actually lost sometime last spring). I have a larger home than I did before, and I've found myself buying a lot more to go in it, but I decided that maybe I should "shop" what I already have for inspiration. Which is how I got this:
I was dying to get something on the window in my kitchen for aesthetic and acoustic reasons (it is SO echoey in there!). I used some linen napkins that I have never in 6 1/2 years of marriage used at my table. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it, but I'm glad I tried at least!
Scott was also in the repurposing mood. He made a bird house out of our old bread keeper:

Now I have a new mission. I have a multitude of glass jars. Salsa jars, jelly jars, baby food jars, etc. I always put them in the recycle bin, but I dream of more! I am always thinking I can dress them up with some ribbons and put cute things in them. But I can't figure out what those cute things could be. Any ideas?



2 comments:

  1. repurposing is my FAVE!!! i love the napkin window treatment. i have pillow shams as curtains in our room and a sheet cut in half with pom pom fringe glued on in the boys'. i'll be thinkin on those glass jars. hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...