Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I checked it off!



I was able to do something last night that has been on my "Bucket List" for a long time: I saw Celine Dion. LIVE. IN CONCERT. It was amazing. It is pretty safe to say that if I could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of my life, it would be her (and yes, I know that means no Beatles. I stand by my choice). I have admired her since I was in middle school when me and my best friend Shelly would make dramatic statements and punctuate them with a Celine chest-thump. There is no one else that I would rather see in concert (A re-united Spice Girls come close, but they didn't come to OK, so poo on them).
Anyway, she did not disappoint. Her voice was fantastic! Her stage was spectacular! The show was just amazing. And she did it all in very tall, very skinny heels (and about 7 costume changes). It's kind of strange seeing your idol like that though. She is so good at conveying deeply felt emotion, that I guess I thought she was some sort of heartbroken romantic all the time. As she did the show and made jokes and switched back and forth from song to song, I realized that she's just a normal person. Scott said that when she's in interviews, she certainly comes off like a nut-job (anybody watch The Soup?), but when you see her in a show it makes more sense. She's been performing almost every night for the last 6 years, so she is just used to making everything over-the-top. The only thing that could have made it better is if she sang more of her '90s songs. I would have just been a weepy puddle if she sang all my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you were finally able to go, and that you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome liz! i think we should all take a cue from you and do something we've always wanted to do. i'm SO glad you did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...