Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cotton Snowballs



It was another great day outside today, however the cotton has started raining on us. My entire backyard is nearly white because the cotton trees are shedding. We spent most of the day inside cleaning however. Finn continued his insistance on not napping, so instead we sat and watched a movie for "quiet time." He's gone through phases of not-napping before, so I think it's just a short-lived thing (I hope). He has actually always been a great sleeper. For over a year now, he goes straight to sleep when I lay him in his crib and sleeps for about 12 hours uninterrupted every night. He usually takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon too. I really can't complain too much, although I may start putting him to bed later. It's hard to put him to sleep at 8:00pm when the sun is still shining anyway.

After a grocery store run, we played outside again. I filled up Finn's baby pool with water and positioned his slide to it. He really likes sliding down it into the water! I think we are going to have a water-fun-filled summer, espiecially since it allows me to just sit nearby and supervise. The best activities are the ones in which Finn can do while I read a magazine! Finn's tiredness showed while we played though--he kept nearly falling asleep while swinging.

I was able to tend to my vegetable garden (above) a bit too. Scott has finally convinced me that a lot of the little saplings are actually trees and not my veggies, so I had to pull out all the intruders. I've got some little peppers growing and I hope the squash start budding soon!
Anyway, I hope everyone had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We got in the pool today too! and your veggie garden looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...