Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Paint

I feel bad, because I kinda found this recipe on another blog, but now I can't remember which one it was, so I can't really credit it. Usually I print these things off so that I remember, but I didn't this time because the recipe is SO EASY, I figured I shouldn't waste a sheet of paper in remembering it. (Never mind! I found it. It's here at Smashed Peas & Carrots)

Here it is:

1 cup water
1 cup cornstarch
food coloring

Simple mix the water and cornstarch up real good, then pour into a muffin tin. Then add a couple of drops of food coloring to each slot. The muffin tin makes for an easy way to separate all the colors. Red, yellow, green, blue, don't forget to mix them for even more colors! So simple!

When you first apply it, it may look a bit watery for a few seconds, but let it dry a little and it turns into a pretty cool fluorescent paint!


I love the way it looks when it's all splattery.


Fun summer project (not to mention cheap!)

I'll be linking up at these great parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...