Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun With Frames



My hubby works for a bakery and he's been bringing me all sorts of goodies lately. I'm not talking the sweet, chocolate-filled kind. I mean leftovers. Leftover ribbon, leftover boxes, leftover frames. All things that the company has discontinued using. It's awesome.

He brought me one the other day that was a good color for the kitchen. So I made this:

I am in love with the Early Bird fabric line from Cosmo Cricket and while I was shopping etsy for it one day, I found these lovely scrapbook tags instead. I didn't really know what to do with them, but they were cheap, so I snatched them up!
When hubby brought home this frame, I knew I had found my project:

Aren't they cute? Double-sided too:


The frame was a bit roughed-up, so I took a piece of sandpaper to it, just to make sure it looks intentionally scratchy:


I used spray adhesive to tack down my tags and flowers. Then I adhered it to somem leftover corkboard peices:


I used the cork so that I could put some pins in the tags (so that they'd look specimin-like):


I think it's a nice way to dress up the white space!


That's not the only framed project I've been working on though. I re-made an old, ugly corkboard into a new inspiration board for my sewing table: 


I got the idea from Tatertots & Jello.

I will be linking up to these great parties this week! And don't forget to come back on Friday and link up anything you've been working on too!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love using photo frames for stuff other than photos....its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tags, super cute! and digging the new inspiration board :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea - love the colors of these vintagey looking tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tags! Thanks for sharing at the Craft Catwalk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...